Monday, April 9, 2012

A budget craft project

I've been trying to decide how I want to decorate my office so that it is a room conducive to calm and lots of studying. If you've ever seen them, the bulletin boards for sale at Ballard Designs are lovely. However, the price tag is outrageous. The large one is $100! Crazy! I was determined to make my own for much less. I was at the Salvation Army today for an entirely different purpose when I found 2 large bulletin boards for $1.99 each. They were in great condition and barely used. I then went to Home Depot and bought a few boxes of upholstery tacks ($1.34 each) and a 5'x5' canvas drop cloth for $7.98. I sprayed adhesive on the cork part only then laid the drop cloth on top. Starting from the center and working out, I smoothed out the fabric.
My well ventilated area

Then I started adding the upholstery tacks

I used my staple gun to pull the fabric tight around the back

The finished product


I was able to cover both bulletin boards with just one drop cloth.

Thanks Pinterest for this great idea!  

No comments:

Post a Comment