Monday, December 6, 2010

Amazed

I'm suffering from a bit of insomnia right now. It's 5:30 AM and I'm still awake... this really wasn't the plan.  Let me break down my night for you.  

- I watched "The Killers" with Katherine Hiegel and Ashton Kutcher.  A little far fetched but it was cute.
- I watched "Everything's Fine".  BAD IDEA!  It was depressing!  I cried and cried and cried and felt horrible for Robert DiNiro's character.  The end was OK but wasn't uplifting enough to make up for the sadness of the rest of the movie.  
- After I dried my eyes and pulled myself together, I decided I needed to clean out the drain in my bathtub. I'm just going to leave that point right here....
- I swept the floors
- Emptied the dishwasher
- Took out the trash....

..... and that's when it happened.  I looked up at the sky and felt pure AMAZEMENT!  The sky was perfectly clear and the stars were gorgeous!  I took and deep breath of the (extremely) cold air and smiled.  My heart was full!  

And then I ran back inside because it was 27 degrees outside. 

I got back inside just in time to hear a story on the news of a young couple who adopted newborn twin girls, gave birth to their own daughter 6 months later, and then when the birth mother of the twins asked if they would adopt her 18 month old daughter, they said YES!  

I think my heart is ready for Christmas.

Now I'm finally ready to go to bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment