Sunday, October 2, 2011

My least favorite part of remodeling

... the toilet.  Removing the toilet isn't a difficult task, it's just kinda gross!  Like I said in my last post, there was a leak under the toilet that molded the linoleum.  Once I got the toilet up today, I realized there was NO wax ring.  It had totally disintegrated.  I got that area cleaned up the best I could and I've been reading on the internet about cleaning options for the cement.  Most websites say either bleach (which I've done once) or vinegar.  I'm going to try the vinegar next.  There doesn't appear to be any mold on the drywall which is a plus but I need to get down there to see if there is any on the wood behind the walls.  If there is, I have no idea what I should do next.  Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment