Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bathroom Remodel, Part Two

I'm am FINALLY getting around to remodeling my master bathroom.  A few months ago (well, 8 to be exact), I put a rather large hole in the bottom of the bathtub rendering it useless.  I had someone come out for an estimate to replace it and they wanted to charge me over $5600!  Uh, no thank you.

A few weeks ago, I found out that someone at work is also a master plumber.  Anthony came out this past week (on his way home from work, bless him) and he said he could definitely repair my bathtub.  Amen!  This will probably happen sometime in late October.  As soon as he is finished, I can get started on everything else.

I've been scouring the internet for bathroom ideas.  This is NOT easy.  The tile I REALLY liked was $150/sq ft.  OUT OF CONTROL!  I have a 100 sq ft bathroom!  I think I have settled for a white 1" hexagon tile (the MUCH less expensive option) with a medium to dark grey grout.  I'm also considering a board and batten look on the walls.  All the blogs I've read make it sound fairly simple.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy my own nailer or just do it by hand.  I've done it before, I suppose I can do it again.

My other major dilemma is deciding where to stop.  My neighborhood is made up of fairly "cookie cutter" homes and most of them have not had much work put into them.  I'm not planning on staying here but for MAYBE 5 more years.  I'm not sure how much $$ I want to sink into this bathroom if I'm not going to be able to get my $$ back when I sell.  I think the work might make it more "sellable" but I don't want to price myself out of the neighborhood.

So much thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment