Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Little Motivation

I started work on the Master bathroom Sunday night.  When I was ready to paint the crown molding, I realized it was kinda gross.  There was this filmy/sticky stuff on it.  I'm assuming it was soap and 13 years of house yuck.  I got out the 409 and wiped down the molding before painting it.  The painting part was amusing in itself (I used Valspar Fresh Cotton.. it's a muted white).  Have you ever stood on a ladder that is half inside the bathtub.  Let's just say that I'm thankful I'm not afraid of heights.  I'd love to rip up the floor but I'm not sure I'm psychologically ready. I think I need the bathtub fixed before I do much more work.  Here are some before pics for your viewing pleasure.



Trying to decide if I want to replace this light with a chandelier.  Is that too trendy?

I've always thought the toilet was so sad all by itself in the corner.

This ladder has been well worth the $$!  It's been through MANY a home improvement project.  

Ahh, the bathtub!  The impetus for this remodel.  

This is the drain.  You can see where I put my screwdriver through the fiberglass trying to fix the drain.  

This is another chip in the fiberglass that I tried to fix once before but it chipped again.  It's much larger than it appears.  This is a big bathtub.  


I want to hang new blinds and maybe make a faux roman shade.  

I have GOT to get rid of this ghastly vanity light.  It's one of the few brass fixtures left in the house and I despise it more each day.  

A BIG shout out to Frog Tape.  This is one of the most amazing products I've ever used.  It's WAY better than the blue tape.  It is more expensive but well worth it!  

I'm also still debating the wall color.  The one I originally chose, Martha Stewart's Rainwater, looks a little funky for some reason.  I know I will have to prime before I paint but I'm not so sure that will make much difference.  Guess that means I'm back to spending some time in the Home Depot paint department.

No comments:

Post a Comment