Monday, September 19, 2011

Busy, Busy...

I haven't blogged in a really long time.  Guess I just didn't have much to say.  However, I've been off work for three days and I'm proud to say, I've been busy.  Maybe busy is the wrong word.  I guess MOTIVATED is more like it.  Generally, when I'm off work but still awake at night, I don't do much except go to the gym, read, and watch TV.  This weekend has been different.  Everything I've done has been crafty-ish.  I'm not sure why I all of the sudden decided to do all these things but I'm glad I did.  Here's a photo synopsis of my weekend.

These are the pillows I made for my living room.  I did these a few weeks ago but wanted to add them in.   They were a LONG time coming.  I even taught myself how to make my own piping. Thank you Pinterest!  

This is my new entertainment cabinet that was delivered on Friday.  Doesn't my television look SAD?

I love this coffee mug.  I bought it in New York a few years ago. I'm going back next month and I'm SO EXCITED!

I have a new addiction - the Chevron pattern

I used this pearl paint to make the following project.  

I found a cool chevron pattern online that I cut out and used as a template.  

The final product.  This photo really doesn't do it justice.  I've added a cool frame so it looks a little more artsy! 
Another project.  I got the inspiration from all the map projects I've seen on Pinterest lately.  Georgia is my home state and I wanted to integrate it into my photo wall (see below).  Up close, this almost looks like a photograph.  It's just oil crayons, a metallic pen, and a little craft paint.    Originally, I was going to paint the entire state but I'm really pleased with the way the crayons turned out.  I also sprayed it with a clear gloss so the white part wouldn't smudge once I framed it.  


Sorry this is sideways.  This is the pot roast that is currently cooking in the crock pot.  It's 3:30AM and my house smells delicious!

These are the items I want to include in my photo wall.  Not sure where they are going to go but I like the layout! 

I made this bolster pillow for my bed.  

I'm not a HUGE fan of the monogram craze but I thought something small would look OK on my photo wall.  I used the same paint for this that I used for my chevron art piece.  Painting this made me realize that I need some new paintbrushes.  

I took a trip to Hobby Lobby on Friday night.  Bad idea.  I was totally overwhelmed by everything there.... especially all the Christmas items.  I bought two of these birds.  I don't know why but I thought they were adorable (and they were 50% off).   
This pillow has to be the pride of my weekend.  My sister in law asked me to make an American flag pillow and this is what I came up with.  This photo really doesn't so it justice.  It's really cute!  I hope she likes it!  

Oatmeal raisin cookies (mom's secret recipe) for a friend at work who has been begging me for months to make him some cookies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment