Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm Pretty Sure I Only Cussed Once

I stayed up late last night trying to stay on schedule with the master bedroom.  I think I finally hit the sack around 2AM.  This morning, I got up early to tie up some loose ends.

While I was painting the trim, I noticed several places where you could see the old paint color through the new paint color.  I marked these areas with painter's tape so I could come back to them later.  By the time I was finished, I easily had 75 areas to fix.  Those would have to come later.

So.. the trim!  It was late and I was feeling grumpy and just wanted to get it finished quickly.  I started getting sloppy with my paint.  At one point, I dripped paint all over the wall.  The "F-bomb" came out and it was at this point that I decided I would finish the trim and then take myself to bed.

This morning, I fixed all the exposed green paint and then touched up the trim.  It's amazing to me how different the room looks with trim that not only is CLEAN but also not so stark white.  I used "Fresh Cotton" by Valspar.  It's a perfect color... just a little bit warm but not beigy.

This afternoon, I opened the windows and started to tackle the floor.  I placed all the underlayment (except for the closet) and even got started on a few rows.  I think it's going to look amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment