Friday, September 24, 2010

Walking Away

Well, I'm having some fits of rage related to the quarter round so I'm going to walk away from it for a while and move on to a new project.  You see, apparently carbonized bamboo is REALLY hard.  I tried using a nail gun to nail it in place but the wood BENT several of the nails and messed up the finish of the wood.  I then tried to drill pilot holes and hand nail the wood.  That did fine until I tried to sink the nails and again, I messed up the finish of the wood.  The nice man at Lowe's told me to try glue...still no good.  It would have worked if my walls were actually straight!  I even called an installer and it was going to cost me more for him to install it than if I just bought new quarter round.  So, I'm walking away from that part of the project for a while.  I had a breakdown over it yesterday and then again today.  It's just not worth getting emotional over.  I decided to start working on my bedroom instead.  I finally moved the couch out of my room (hallelujah!) and I'm in the process of evacuating the rest of the furniture (I'm writing this post while eating lunch... PBJ makes everything better).  I'm hoping to get the carpet pulled up today and tape off the trim.  I'll paint tomorrow while watching football then maybe I can start the floor by Monday.  This room is fairly square and there aren't as many doors so I'm hoping it will go quickly (deep breath.....).

1 comment:

  1. I love watching DIY Network and I love seeing before and afters. But I never want to do a DIY project myself. It probably has something to do w/ having 4 kids, but still. I know nothing. You amaze me! You know more about this stuff that I ever could. I can't wait to see the finished product! :-)

    ReplyDelete