Thursday, November 18, 2010

Commercial Break

I won't be discussing DIY for a while.  Like I mentioned in my prior post, I'm out of $$ for any big projects.  I do have a few decorating projects I'd like to pursue so I may post a few of those.  One of which involves these:
These are old family photos.  Mostly from my mom's side of the family


That's my dad and his brother.  My dad is the one with the dirty feet!

My mom and grandmother. 
 And this:
I bought this at the Brooklyn Flea Market when I was in New York last month.  I love it even more now that it is framed but I am having a hard time finding the perfect spot for it.  The artist is Michelle Han.  She has an Etsy store if you love the look of the wood block prints as much as I do.

I'm also very excited about decorating the house for Christmas.  While I'm appalled that one of the local radio stations is already playing Christmas music, I am looking forward to getting festive after Thanksgiving.   Here are a few pics from last year's tree.

One of my favorite ornaments

My childhood Winnie the Pooh ornaments. Yes, Eeyore is missing an eye.  

Stuffed trees like these are very sentimental.  My mom always had one out when we were growing up.  As an adult I took it upon myself to find a pattern and make a few of my own.  
My tree from last year.  I have a LOVE for the REALLY BIG colored bulbs

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get those big colored lights? I want some, but I don't know if my roommates would be up for it.

    ReplyDelete