Monday, November 22, 2010

I've Been Busy


I've been busy in the kitchen this weekend.  Here are a few pictures:
This is a basic pumpkin bread in BUNDT form

This is another pumpkin bread recipe with pecans and dried cranberries.  DE-LISH-US!
I also tried my hands at some candy making.  Word to the wise, don't do this if you are in a hurry or in a bad mood.
The Christmas edition full of great recipes
Ina's Fleur de Sel Caramels.... not as easy as they look.  


Hot Sugar!

Waiting for it to turn "dark, golden brown"

Very close to 248 F



Attempt#1:  you can see that I scored the surface.  That's about as far as the knife would go.  These were TOO hard!
Attempt #2:  No Go!  Even harder! More like toffee than caramel.
Attempt #3:  I actually just melted the two previous batches with a little half and half  then heated the mixture right to the soft ball stage (I think once you've hit the firm ball stage, you've gone too far).
YUUUUMMMM!  Sweet and Salty Perfection!
And now for some funny pictures I wanted to include:

The Pilgrims are protecting the pumpkin bread

These were my mom's.  I think they are precious!

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!





No comments:

Post a Comment