Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm Gettin' Crafty!

I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.  I spent the holiday at my brother's house with my sister-in-law's family.  We had a wonderful time, ate far too much food, and closed out the evening sitting by the bonfire.

Today, I spent most of the day finishing my Christmas decorating.  I'm really not into the "formal" look.  I like the to keep it simple.  Here are a few pics of the finished product:
Yes, the tree if artificial!
I made the wreath and the stuffed trees on the hearth.  


Since I started working night shift again, I've been on the internet WAY TOO MUCH on my nights off.  However, I've found LOTS of craft ideas to keep my busy.  Tonight I decided to take on a few projects.  The first one is the Lima Bean Wreath.
This is all I could get done since I ran out of hot glue
Here is what it is supposed to look like (at All Things Thrifty).  I think it's a really cute idea.  I plan to spray paint it white and I have some red velvet ribbon to attach it on a hook on my front door.  I'll post more pictures when it is complete!

My second craft project of the night is what I like to call The Rice Bag.  Many, many years ago, I had a Rice Sock.  It was essentially a sock with rice in it.  You heat it up in the microwave and then use it like a heating pad.  I've seen these sold in specialty stores for upwards of $35.  INSANE!  I had seen a tutorial and thought I would give it a shot.  The one I made is probably too large and contains way too much rice (almost the entire 80 oz. bag.. cost me less than $3 at Wal-Mart) but it's working wonders on my tight shoulders.  Here's the finished product:

And while I'm on the subject of sewing, I thought I would include pictures of my sewing machine.  It's OLD and it weighs about 75 lbs.  It belonged to my aunt and she always kept it serviced so now, years later, it still works well.  It serves it's purpose to sew straight (ish) lines.  I always say I want a new sewing machine but I really don't sew enough to justify the expense.  
Nothing digitalized!  


It even fits in it's own table (which is a BEAR to move)

And who decided these things should be shaped like tomatoes?



1 comment:

  1. A. I love that wreath and I want to do one.
    B. That's a really cool website, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete